The surname Robinson is derived from the given name Robert, and is one of the most common surnames in the United Kingdom. Here are five people from the UK who bear the surname Robinson:
- Nick Robinson – Nick Robinson is a political journalist and broadcaster who has worked for the BBC since the 1980s. He is currently the presenter of the Today programme on BBC Radio 4, and has covered many significant political events throughout his career. Including the Brexit referendum and the 2017 UK general election.
- Mary Robinson – Mary Robinson is an Irish politician and human rights activist who served as the first female President of Ireland from 1990 to 1997. Since leaving office, she has been a prominent advocate for human rights, particularly on issues related to climate change and gender equality.
- Craig Robinson – Craig Robinson is an English actor and comedian who is best known for his roles in the US television shows The Office and Brooklyn Nine-Nine. He has also appeared in several films, including This Is The End and Hot Tub Time Machine.
- Jodie Robinson – Jodie Robinson is a Paralympic swimmer from England who has won multiple medals in international competitions, including the Paralympic Games and the World Championships. She was born with spina bifida, but has overcome many challenges to become one of the UK’s most successful para-swimmers.
- Edward Robinson – Edward Robinson is a British historian who is an expert on the Middle East and has written several books on the region. He is a professor of history at the University of Oxford and has been a frequent commentator on Middle Eastern affairs in the media.
Another notable person with the surname Robinson is the British actor and comedian Matt Robinson. Matt Robinson is best known for his role as George Roper in the British sitcom Man About the House, which aired from 1973 to 1976. He was also a regular on the comedy show The Benny Hill Show, and appeared in several films, including The Alf Garnett Saga and Confessions of a Pop Performer. Robinson was known for his dry wit and his ability to play comedic roles with subtlety and nuance. Sadly, Robinson passed away in 2002 at the age of 57.
Another famous female person with the surname Robinson
Rachel Robinson – Rachel Robinson is an English actress who has appeared in several films and television shows, including Bridget Jones: The Edge of Reason and The Story of Tracy Beaker. She is perhaps best known for her role as Jacqui Richards in the British soap opera Hollyoaks, which she played from 2015 to 2016. Robinson is known for her natural acting style and her ability to portray complex and nuanced characters. She has also been an advocate for mental health awareness and has spoken openly about her own struggles with anxiety and depression.
Also checking out Hull White Pages here.